Irakli Sokolovski advises clients on general corporate matters, local and cross- border merger and acquisition transactions, complex commercial matters, foreign investments, financial and regulatory issues. Irakli has significant experience working on complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and joint ventures. His recent practice includes working on major capital market transactions. Mr. Sokolovski also worked for a major U.S. food company and served as an associate in a leading Georgian law firm.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Sokolovski worked at Dechert LLP Tbilisi Office as a senior associate, where he advised clients on various corporate mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial services and competition matters. Irakli has further particularly rich experience with regard to joint ventures, venture capital, corporate restructuring and complex commercial matters including the pre-litigation negotiations.
- J.P. Morgan Securities plc and Merrill Lynch International as Joint Lead Managers in connection with the issuance, offering and sale of JSC BGEO Group’s US$350,000,000 6.00% Notes due 2023 on the Irish Stock Exchange
- J.P. Morgan Securities plc and Renaissance Capital as Joint Lead Managers in connection with the issuance, offering and sale of Joint Stock Company Bank of Georgia GEL500,000,000 11.00% Notes due 2020 payable in U.S. dollars
- J.P. Morgan and Citi in connection with the issuance, offering and sale of Joint Stock Company Georgia Capital US$300,000,000 6.125% notes due March 2024
- Singapore-based operator of major online shopping platform on its Series B financing
- Evolution Gaming AB on regulatory issues and launch of Georgian operations
- Major investment fund on its equity investments in two Pan-Asian start ups
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in relation to its financing of a supermarket chain in Georgia
- A major operator of online shopping platform in Asia on its Series B financing
- A major Australian private equity fund on its equity investments in two
- Pan-Asian online and technology companies
- IATA Consulting in relation to its assessment of the Georgian airline market.
- This included providing a detailed review and assessment of Georgia’s regulatory framework regarding aviation
- Betsson AB in relation to various corporate, contractual and regulatory issues
- Major European private equity funds on corporate governance issues related to their Georgian subsidiaries
- Major investment banks on various Georgia securities law related issues
- Major Apple product distributor in Georgia on defense against anti- competition claims
- Hyatt on development of five star hotel in Tbilisi